Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shocked!!!


I raced before sunrise to my cell phone to the check the responses to my new grateful for grief face book page, many had confirmed and left messages about "what I was thinking yesterday", I wrote, I found the answers to why my son killed himself only after surrendering to grief. I received one comment that said, "it almost made her cry", another one said, "he was sorry for my loss and hoped I was feeling better".

At first I thought wow! Then my brain on it's own started adding the numbers of the club members for organization like, "Suicide Survivors". I believe the total of members were near a staggered one million.

This meant a staggering million people were directly or indirectly dealing with suicide related grief. My heart raced in needing to know what the numbers are for people dealing with the other kinds of grief not related to suicide?????

I know it doesn't matter-grief-is-grief. The heart doesn't know the difference.

I was shocked and overwhelmed in knowing that I may have written a book that may actually help bring some of these people help.

God please help me-help these people!
These are my people!

Monique Antoinette~

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for turning lemons into lemonade by taking your experience with grief and being brave enough to stand in the face of it, transform it and now be of service to those who are just beginning their journey through it... I support you and bless you one million times over!!!! I AM HONORED TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND!!!!!

    Your Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that beyond those that are just beginning to journey through it, Monique Antoinette's "Grateful for Grief" is helping me gain perspective on some of the blurry points of my own brothers suicide that occurred in the summer of 1982. Thank you, Monique, for that.

    ReplyDelete